Intention of Award
The GESA Outstanding Clinician Award recognises a GESA member's outstanding contribution to clinical gastroenterology and hepatology, particularly recognising mentorship and clinical excellence over many years of practice.
The breadth and nature of the nominee’s mentorship and clinical excellence with emphasis to its relevance and importance to the field of gastroenterology and/or hepatology.
The nomination must include a citation (maximum one (1) A4 Page) written to highlight the reasons for the nomination.
Nominations may be made by an individual GESA member or by a GESA Faculty, Committee or the Board.
Members cannot nominate themselves.
Nominees will be assessed by the GESA Board.
Submit your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: OCA
- Confirmation of adherence to each of the points outlined in the Qualification Criteria(below)
The nominee must be a current financial member of GESA for at least the last twelve months and the nominator must be a financial member of the Society.
- Must NOT be currently serving on the GESA Board.
- A career in clinical practice sustained over a number of years. Important: This award will recognize a distinguished career in clinical practice which may also include a notable contribution to research
- Presentation of Award
- The Award will be presented at GESA AGW following the recipient’s presentation.
- Past recipients of the Outstanding Clinician Award
- 2020 - Geoff Hebbard
- 2019 - Peter Katelaris
- 2018 - Wendy Cheng
- 2017 - Michael Grimm
- 2016 - No award made
- 2015 - Paul Desmond
- 2014 - No award made
- 2013 - Mark Schoeman
- 2012 - Michael Burke
- 2011 - No award made
- 2010 - Don Cameron
- 2009 - Daniel Stiel
- 2008 - John Croese
- 2007 - Paul Krelin
- 2006 - Brian Jones