The Distinguished Research Prize (DRP) award is to recognise the outstanding contribution to research by a GESA member.
Submit your nomination to email@example.com with the subject line: DRP 2020
2020 nominations close 8pm (AEST) on Friday 28 August 2020
Nominations may be made by an individual GESA member or by a GESA Faculty, committee or the Board.
Members cannot nominate themselves.
Nominees will be assessed by the Research and Grants Committee.
Nominations will be accepted for current financial GESA members only,
made by current financial GESA members and should address and provide:
- Confirmation of adherence to each of the points outlined in the Qualification Criteria (below)
- The breadth and nature of the nominee’s research with emphasis to its relevance and importance to the field of gastroenterology and/or hepatology
- Full curriculum vitae of the applicant including reference to all past and present research projects.
To be eligible to qualify for consideration for this prize, the applicant must satisfy the following criteria:
- The nominee must be a current financial member of GESA and the nominator must be a member of the Society.
- The nominee’s research contribution must have been sustained over a number of years resulting in publications in recognised scientific journals and/or patents
- The contribution may have been primarily as an individual who has conducted much of the work, or as the leader of a productive team where the recipient provides the main strategic direction and intellectual input.
- Preference will be given to a member whose research was carried out in Australia.
- For overseas research to qualify, it should only be of a contributing nature, rather than representing the major component of the research.
Presentation of Award
The Award will be presented at AGW following the recipient’s presentation (2020 possible exception).
Past recipients of the Distinguished Research Prize